Enhancing Accessibility in Trudesk

Hello Trudesk Community,

I’m working on enhancing the accessibility of TruDesk. I was in a need of a ticketing software and after trying out many alternatives, I’ve come to love Trudesk for its robust features and user-friendly interface. However, there are some accessibility challenges that need addressing to make it more inclusive for everyone.

My primary focus will be on making Trudesk more accessible for users who rely on screen readers and keyboard navigation. This includes improving the overall structure and navigation of the platform, ensuring that all interactive elements are properly labeled and accessible, and enhancing the user experience on various pages, including the dashboard and ticket creation process.

Additionally, I’ll be addressing issues related to focus management, providing better feedback for error messages, and ensuring that all users can navigate the platform intuitively without visual cues.

By tackling these challenges, my goal is ensuring that all users, regardless of their abilities, have a seamless and efficient experience.
I’m working on this project as part of Zendalona. This project was recently selected as part of GSoC(Google Summer of Code) 2024.
The gsoc proposal is given here.

If you have any feedback or suggestions, I’d love to hear them. Let’s work together to make Trudesk a more inclusive and user-friendly platform!

Thank you!
Viswanatha Kartha V (anima-regem)