Installation of trudesk

i have sucessfully install trudesk.but now its stuck on the installation screen.

• My question is doesnt trudesk create a new user and data base when i enter the username,password and database or i have to do it manually(i don remember have to do that manually for trudsk 1.0.6).

whenever i hit try to connect it throws me error message =

Couldn’t connect; make sure connection is correct.

os= ubuntu 18.04
memory 16gb
Trudesk version: 1.0.7beta

Are you on latest from develop? I just tested latest of develop and connected to my local MongoDB just fine.

Is this the docker container?

Is this the docker container?
No its a local machine but mongo is already running database with trudesk 1.0.6 and i want to create a new one for trudesk 1.0.7.

do i have to create user and database prior to connecting using trudesk?

Is your my older version trudesk connected and running?
Yes its working.

Are you on latest from develop?
yes i am did a git pull this morning

Have you tested connection to mongodb?
yes i did it works.

but still i am getting the same error message.

i would like to know upon entering the information asked does trudesk create a new user and database?

No, the NEW database will need to be created first. You can connect the same user to the new database in MongoDB but you’ll need a separate DB for a separate instance.

If you’re looking to upgrade your existing DB it shouldn’t even show the install wizard unless you deleted the config.json file

I’m actually waiting for the iOS app to finish review from apple so I can release 1.0.7 on all platforms.

Thanks it worked.
created a new database added it to trudesk.
i was entering the wrong user password.

i got this error upon creation:

{“success”:false,“error”:{“driver”:true,“name”:“MongoError”,“index”:0,“code”:11000,“errmsg”:“E11000 duplicate key error collection: trudeskbeta.counters index: id dup key: { : “tickets” }”}}

after that it loops the installation process.

You get that because the database is not empty and has been used prior.

If the database is an existing trudesk database. You should click the existing database button. If it should be a fresh database and is not, you can delete all the collections in the database and run the install wizard again.

even broke my trudesk 1.0.6 instance
Error: MongoDb Error
at /home/admin/trudesk/src/middleware/index.js:57:17
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at trim_prefix (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
at /home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:284:7
at Function.process_params (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
at next (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:275:10)
at cookieParser (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/cookie-parser/index.js:70:5)
at Layer.handle [as handle_request] (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/layer.js:95:5)
at trim_prefix (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:317:13)
at Function.process_params (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/express/lib/router/index.js:335:12)
at jsonParser (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/json.js:110:7)
at urlencodedParser (/home/admin/trudesk/node_modules/body-parser/lib/types/urlencoded.js:91:7)

They cannot share the same database. v1.0.6 and the beta of 1.0.7 are incompatible.

v1.0.7 changes every user in the database when it boots up for the first time.

You must have ran the 1.0.7 instance against the 1.0.6 database…

Restart the 1.0.6 instance.

well this time both instance work and am connected to mongo db but i am no more an administrator in trudesk 1.0.6. i created another database for 1.0.7.

it ust shows me dashboard with acess to tickets and chat.
cannot create or do anything.

is it possible to update to 1.0.7 from 1.0.6 by pulling the develop brancg do an npm install
and yarn build etc??

I don’t think you have a choice to do anything but run 1.0.7 on the 1.0.6 instance now. There is no going back (unless you made a backup) once you ran 1.0.7 instance against the 1.0.6 db. I know that is what happened, because of the permissions on the sidebar.

I state this very clearly on the [WIP] Upcoming Permission Update post about updating to 1.0.7 …

1 Like

Thank you i am using version 1.0.7 not a choice but m running it.i made a mistake while installing. nevermind

i am having an issue. with profile pic broken.

and this is the my browser console log:

Check both instances for the images in public/uploads/users/ It sounds like you may have linked the other instance to current instance. Or somehow you wiped the images from the uploads folder.

The two instances are completely seperate. and the upload folder contains the default image. even when i try to upload a new photo it shows me the same error.

My mistake i did not point to the proper directory in my nginx set up.
sorry.

here is my nginx setup:

server {
        listen       80;
        server_name myDomain.ga www.myDomain.ga;

sendfile        on;
    	keepalive_timeout  65;

location ~ ^/(uploads/) {
                root /opt/saintlouis/trudesk/public; //picture directory
                access_log off;
                expires modified +1h;
        }