Running 2 seperate instance of Trudesk on same Server

I have two work sites and for now i am running trudesk on a separate small server on the 1st site but would like to run another separate instance of trudesk with a separate database but on the same machine. how can i perform this task. Am using nginx as a proxy.

It might be a stupid question but am still learning.

It’s actually pretty simple.

1. Clone trudesk to a new folder.
  2. On v1.0.6 you’ll need to edit this line of code to run trudesk on another port (ex: 8111)
    – On v1.0.7 you can simply start trudesk with --port=8111
  3. Start the 2nd instance the same as you did the 1st. It will run on a separate port.
  4. Then use nginx to proxy a subdomain to the 2nd trudesk instance running on port 8111.

Thank you.

After installation i am having this error:

TypeError: [install.hbs] obj.toLowerCase is not a function
at Object.isNotTrue (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/src/helpers/hbs/helpers.js:621:29)
at Object.eval [as main] (eval at createFunctionContext (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/handlebars/dist/cjs/handlebars/compiler/javascript-compiler.js:257:23), :8:80)
at main (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/handlebars/dist/cjs/handlebars/runtime.js:175:32)
at ret (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/handlebars/dist/cjs/handlebars/runtime.js:178:12)
at ret (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/handlebars/dist/cjs/handlebars/compiler/compiler.js:526:21)
at renderTemplate (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:475:13)
at render (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:511:5)
at renderIt (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:573:18)
at /home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:580:11
at parseLayout (/home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:459:7)
at /home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:562:7
at /home/admin/trudesk-develop/node_modules/express-hbs/lib/hbs.js:550:14
at FSReqCallback.readFileAfterClose [as oncomplete] (internal/fs/read_file_context.js:54:3)

Thanks. This is only on develop. It’s some unfinished code I pushed last night. I’ll have it finished and working tonight.

Its fixed.

1 Like

thanks works like a charm.